Now More Happier.

12.19.2005

Lost Light

I didn't notice much before leaving, but as I was driving with my mom to Target (to meet Jesse and then go to work), we saw the sun rise. As I was driving home after a long day in the salt mines, I saw the sun set. What happened to my day?

Speaking of work, mill work is a very masculine job. Off the top of my head, there are only two that make you more of a walking lump of testosterone - coal mining and quarry work. Not that I'm biased or anything, but come on. I (help) make and deliver doors, stairs, windows, trim and various other things made of wood or PVC. And this week I get free lunches thanks to our suppliers. Not that that has anything to do with anything, but I just felt I should mention it because it's pretty cool.


edit: Now that it's a little later, I'd like to mention (for no real reason other than I can't get the thought out of my head) that there's nothing like the exhaustion that comes after a day of hard, honest work. And stairs are poetic, and I'd explain how, except that might just be my fatal dive into pretensious intellectualism that I'm trying to put off as long as possible. Possibly not successfully.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

its alright, i know youre retarded.

2:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home