Now More Happier.

6.20.2005

Work.

Someone might be curious, so here is a totally mundane post about my first day of work. Woke up at 6:30, after not being able to sleep until like 2:30 - this was not cool. I started the day by filling out paperwork and stuff, and by 8:30 me and my partner Danny were out on the road in a truck. I soon learned why riding in a truck (one of two, two people per truck) is something people try to do as much as they can. It's basically a long break, with work when you get to a job site. At these sites, usually houses being built, we unload stairs or windows or doors and then go on to the next. Not too bad.
We got back from that around 12:30, and I saw the other half. The half that involves moving stack of wood A to rack A 20 times. Then stack of wood B to cart B 20 times. For what I was doing, we were loading wood onto carts so that it could be put on trucks the next morning. It's loaded by feet, and some people need a freakin' ton of wood for their houses. Oddly enough, the best thing about it is that I get to do basic math to keep myself occupied.
I am a geek.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

your partners name is Danny.

11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home