Now More Happier.

8.14.2004

Caught up in images.

I was recently shown the diary of someone I know from from school who I really don't like. I'll mention why later. But it makes me think about how caught up people are in their images and niches. And they're all fake. It's like a masquerade 8/5. I'm not sure if it's more common at ARGS than at other schools, but I definitely think it's more pronounced. It's partly, I think, because we have theatre, musical theatre, vocal, and dancing majors. I'm good friends with a few dancers, chances are if you're reading this blog, you're an exception. But I've gotten off track. The point is that they are, for the most part, attention whores. And so they're all trying to outdo each other. The emo kids are trying to be sadder and more emotional than each other. The commies are trying to be more radical and free thinking than their friends. The angsty kids are trying to outdo me. Unfortunately, they all go about it wrong. They think it's about being different to be noticed, but it's about being yourself because that's the right thing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats this about args???

dont be dissin my school, yo.

and yes, its more common at args.
theres the dancers, the singers, the mus. theater people, fenn and his lil dances, ingram and her blacklists...

i was a techie. we just sat in the labs and thought everyone was stupid.

and yeah... to be non-conformist is to conform at args...

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Trevor said...

There are a lot of peopel at our school who attract attention ,and desire it. Maybe it is because they feel shadowed by something, and at ARGS they have the ability to be unique, trend setting, and wanted. They find fame at ARGS. ARGS is like a pain-killer, an addictive one that should not be taken with alchohol. Too bad these kids are all drunks.

5:24 PM

 
Blogger Joshua said...

It's called high school. Really. I doubt the fact that it's ARGS has much to do with it. High school is the land of the clique and who can be cooler than everyone else in whatever way the clique determines cool factor. It sucks, and unfortunately sometimes you have to deal with it in the real world. You've got the right of it though: it's not different for difference's sake, it's different because it's you.

1:11 AM

 
Blogger Trevor said...

All this talk of conforming reminds me of that episode of Southpark. If you don't know what I am saying, you should look at every single episode, it makes people smarter!

9:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home