Now More Happier.

4.28.2004

Some people take politics too seriously.

I've been thinking about this for a day or two, and I've come to the conclusion that some people at my school take politics too seriously. Now, most people there are pretty liberal, so I expect a bit of disdain for my political views, but not people saying "Just get away from me, no really I'm serious." It is, in my humblest of opinions, moronic. Personally, I don't believe someone's politics are an indication of what kind or how good of a person they are. The simple truth is that most people on either side of the fence have the goal of benefitting the country and its citizens and that political leanings in no way influence whether or not someone's a good person.

Just for perspective, I'm fairly moderate on the Political Compass, landing on (2.00, 1.28) putting me right next to Gerhard Schroeder and Paul Martin. That makes me pretty moderate, though right (and up)-of-center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home